Home Insurance

At the Ostic Group, we understand that homeowners in Ontario have a wide range of needs for their personal property. We don’t believe in “one size fits all” insurance coverage — we help people find the home insurance policy to fit their lifestyle.

Keep your home and other personal properties in Guelph, Fergus, and Shelburne safe and protected from risks. Get coverage that includes rental properties, cottages, and more.

Get Started With A Quote In 30 Seconds

Get Started

Why Choose Ostic Group For Your Home Insurance

1. Your Partners in the Community

At the Ostic Group, our team is proud to call our communities home. Our customers are our family, friends, and neighbours. To show our support we sponsor and actively participate in various events held in Guelph, Elora, Fergus, Shelburne, and the surrounding communities.

2. Access to All the Best Providers

Our team partners with the best home insurance providers in the province of Ontario to offer you the coverage you need, at competitive prices. There are no limits to your choice of provider. At the Ostic Group, we shop around to find you the right fit.

3. Personalized Home Insurance Coverage

With the Ostic Group, you get exactly what you need out of your home insurance coverage. All of our home insurance policies are tailor-made to your unique circumstances. This helps us to find you the lowest rates on the market and a comprehensive plan to fit your lifestyle.

What Our Customers Have to Say

My family and I have used the Ostic Group for years now and its been a great experience!Never difficult to speak with someone when I have a question and they are always looking for ways to save us money.Love seeing them give back to the community too!
Matt McQuade
Matt McQuade
18:03 26 Aug 20
When it comes to insurance, it doesn't get any better than these folks. Super responsive, very friendly, always trying to help, and unbelievable rates. They insure everything for my family and my business and they are awesome. Local, real people, no call centre's, just good old fashioned customer service with a smile! Keep it up. Ostic Group, seriously, you never cease to amaze. Oh ya and Dana is amazing!!!!
Rob Murray
Rob Murray
21:45 11 Jan 20
I have dealt with OSTIC for years. They never miss a beat. Good old, fast, friendly, professional service. 🙂
Stefan Wiesen
Stefan Wiesen
16:54 05 Nov 20
I have used The ostic group over 10 years. I find they are very knowledgeable and there to help. I will stay with them for years to come.
Linda Goodyear
Linda Goodyear
12:42 17 Jan 21
I recently purchased my first car and needed insurance. My friend referred me to The Ostic Group and I am so happy they did. Jessica Dewey was so helpful and went out of her way to get insurance for me, even offering to stay late on a Friday to get the paperwork filled out! Being a first time car owner, I didn't know where to start or what was the best plan for me. Jessica was very informative and made me feel very comfortable throughout the application process. Highly recommend!
Melanie Bartlett
Melanie Bartlett
14:34 26 Oct 16
I've recently received home & life insurance from The Ostic Group and have been very pleased. I'll be completely open on this review in saying that they are a client of where I work, but this did not sway my decision.Jessica Flanjak and The Ostic Group team were helpful while presenting my options. Jessica made it a simple and delightful process. I feel very good about my decision and will be switching my auto insurance over to The Ostic Group as well.
James Burgie
James Burgie
14:05 17 May 17
This whole team is incredible to work with. They not only have a massive focus on giving back to the community, but they are all passionate about insurance and making sure their clients have the right coverage. The Ostic Group insures my business, my house, and my car and in every interaction they always go above and beyond. Keep up the amazing work, we are lucky to have a business like yours in our community!
Paul Demarco
Paul Demarco
01:51 28 Oct 16
The team at the Ostic Group are all amazing to work with! Quick responses, fair quotes and a friendly staff that know their stuff, the Ostic Group should be considered by all when looking at Insurance needs. Jessica Flanjak was a huge help when I was looking for home and auto insurance and her willingness to help in any way possible made my experience with them too-notch! Keep up the great work - would highly recommend.
Ryan Vielma
Ryan Vielma
17:11 25 Oct 18
After meeting Jessica Dewey on a happenstance years ago, I have always turned to her for insurance advice as I know she has always had her client's best interests in mind. When I switched brokers to Ostic Insurance, it was the best decision I have made as Jessica always notifies me of changes in my policy, and works dilligently to get me the best insurance coverage at the best rate possible. She is always there to answer any questions I have in a pleasant, professional manner, and I am delighted to not only refer to her as my insurance broker but also as a friend.
Allison Mammoliti
Allison Mammoliti
13:14 20 Mar 23
I am very satisfied and happy with my broker at the Ostic. Very professional.
michael Park
michael Park
15:34 20 Mar 23
Jessica Dewey has provided excellent service for my home, auto and travel insurance needs. I highly recommend her and the team at Ostic!
D Drake
D Drake
19:03 17 Mar 23
Jessica Dewey has always been a great help with all of my insurance needs. Thanks for all the great work!
13:35 17 Mar 23
Always had great experience with our broker, Jess! She's found us the cheapest rates every year for over a decade! Will never use another insurance broker
Simon Ko
Simon Ko
01:25 18 Mar 23
Hello,Jessica Dewey most definitely deserves five stars. My wife Nancy and I recently purchased a home in the Village by the Arboretum. When we contacted Jessica to obtain insurance coverage she was extremely helpful in every way. She provided mutiple options and thoroughly explained all of the need-to-know details. Jessica clearly cares about her clients and it shows in her professional, efficient and friendly manner. It is a pleasure to know and work with Jessica..............thanks!☺Ron and Nancy Hansen
Ron Hansen
Ron Hansen
18:48 17 Mar 23
Very friendly. Quick turn around for responses to any questions you may have. Always finding the best insurance and cost for your needs. Highly recommend this company and to deal with Lisa Robertson.
Nicole Self
Nicole Self
20:10 17 Mar 23
I have been a customer of Ostic Group Insurance for several years now, and I have nothing but great things to say about them. As a local company, they really care about their customers and go above and beyond to make sure they find the best insurance product for your needs.Working with Lisa Robertson has been an absolute pleasure. She is incredibly knowledgeable, professional, and dedicated to ensuring that her customers are satisfied. I have always felt valued as a customer, and I appreciate the personalized attention that I have received.Overall, I highly recommend Ostic Group Insurance to anyone looking for excellent service and great insurance options. Thank you for all that you do!
Robert Mitchell
Robert Mitchell
01:12 27 Mar 23
I have received amazing customer service with Ostic Insurance for over 10 years. Jessica Dewey has always done a great job finding me the best rates. She is always cheerful and a pleasure to chat with. I highly recommend Ostic to my friends and family.
Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan
20:55 27 Mar 23

What’s Included in an Ostic Home Insurance Policy

At the Ostic Group, it’s our goal to provide home insurance packages that are tailored to your lifestyle. We couple this with best-in-class rates and a team that truly cares about the people and community they work with.

Protect one of the biggest investments of your life with an appropriate home insurance policy. Getting home insurance is an important part of the process of becoming a first time home buyer and you’ll need it to secure a mortgage.

Life is uncertain and no amount of planning and preparation can ensure we avoid circumstances beyond our control. Home insurance covers the unexpected. Basic home insurance policies protect against unexpected or accidental damages to your structure relating to perils, such as fire and lightning, or other potential threats, like theft and vandalism.

At the Ostic Group, we offer comprehensive home insurance policies that go beyond basic coverage to include additional living expenses (ALEs), coverages for jewelry and other high-value items, liability protection, basic repairs to your home, and more.

To choose the right policy for your lifestyle, you’ll have to ask yourself how much risk you are willing to take on, the amount of coverage you need, and how comfortable you are paying out of pocket for repairs. If you are unsure how to answer any of these questions or make a decision, our team is just a phone call away. We are here to help you find the perfect fit for your home insurance needs

For more discounts on home insurance, combine all your insurance needs with one insurance broker from Ostic Group.

Apply for an Home Insurance Quote

Customize Your Home Insurance

Not every household looks the same. With The Ostic Group, you can choose from homeowners’ insurance, landlords’ insurance, tenants’ insurance and more. Whether you live in a condo, townhouse, or country home, we will find a suitable solution for your family.

You’ve worked hard for your property — make sure that it’s properly protected. We will provide you with peace of mind by creating a home insurance policy that fits your lifestyle and your family’s needs. Through every season of life, Ostic Group is here to protect the Guelph, Shelburne, Elora, and Fergus communities with comprehensive home insurance policies.

Types of Home Insurance

Whether you’re looking for coverage for your main home, a rented dwelling, a seasonal property, or a country home, our team will help you find a plan that provides peace of mind and ensures that you, your loved ones, and your investments are safe.

Our team provides personal property insurance to individuals across Ontario, from our offices located in the communities of Guelph, Fergus, Elora, and Shelburne. Browse below to learn more about our different personal property insurance programs:

Homeowner’s Insurance

Homeowner’s insurance is designed to cover the property and liability exposures associated with home ownership. These include the dwelling, personal contents, premises, and personal liability protection for members of the immediate family.

Homeowner’s insurance is designed to cover the property and liability exposures associated with home ownership. These include the dwelling, personal contents, premises, and personal liability protection for members of the immediate family.

Learn More

Landlord Insurance | Rented Dwelling Insurance

If you are the landlord for a rented dwelling in Ontario, it is important to have the right protection for your investment. It doesn’t matter whether you are renting to a child who is away at school or family members — many of the risks will remain the same.

Our team can offer landlord insurance for residential rental properties that you may own in Ontario. Find a policy that is specifically designed for your property type and rental uses, plus choose from a range of applicable discounts.

Learn More

Cottage Insurance | Seasonal Dwelling Insurance

Cottage and other seasonal properties are the location of many families’ fondest memories together. Our cottage insurance provides protection for any seasonal-use property that you may own in Ontario, so you can protect your home away from home and continue making memories.

We offer a variety of options for seasonal dwelling coverage, including options for full-time cottages, cottage rentals, vacant land, and vacation condos in resorts. Save on your plan with homeowner specific discounts and choose additional coverage to fit your specific needs.

Learn More

Tenants’ Insurance | Renters’ Insurance

If you are a tenant or a renter, it is just as important for you to have insurance as it is for a homeowner.

We offer a range of tenants’ insurance and renters’ insurance options, including coverage for personal contents, personal liability, additional living expenses, and a variety of building types. You can also save on your policy by choosing from a number of available discounts.

Learn More

Condominium Insurance

Condominiums are becoming increasingly popular in communities across Ontario. If you are a condo owner, you will understand that your property comes with its own set of risks and liabilities — and you need a dedicated insurance policy that is specifically tailored to fit your needs.

We offer condominium insurance programs with coverage for personal contents, improvements and betterments, loss assessments, personal liability, personal living expenses, and more. Find out how to save on homeowner specific discounts today.

Learn More

Country Home Insurance

Living in the country provides homeowners with a range of opportunities for outdoor recreation and sustainable living that extend beyond those available to city dwellers. If you live in a rural area, then you will have unique needs for your country home insurance.

Our newest coverage, Country Living Aspire, provides coverage options to suit your country home lifestyle and meet the specific needs of rural homeowners. Choose from different options for oil tanks and generators, wood stoves, recreational vehicles, outbuildings, and more.

Learn More

Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Property and Home Insurance

Why do I need home insurance?

If you own or rent a property, it is incredibly important to have home insurance or personal property insurance. Home insurance is designed to cover you from liability exposures associated with property ownership or rental. This may include a wide range of risks, including personal injury, natural disasters, crime, and much more.

Without home insurance, you will not be covered for possessions lost in a fire or burglary. If someone is injured on your property, you may be responsible for paying the medical bills. These scenarios are just a few examples of why you need personal property insurance.

For more information, contact our insurance team today.

What is typically covered by home insurance?

Home insurance can provide coverage against a wide range of risks, depending on the type of insurance and the coverage selected with your policy.Homeowner’s insurance will typically provide coverage for your primary property, its contents, and premises, as well as providing liability protection for you and members of your immediate family.

If your primary property is a condominium, then we recommend condominium insurance, which will offer similar coverage for condo owners. Similarly, if you live in a rural area, then we have a product specifically designed for country home insurance, which may differ in significant ways from traditional home insurance.

Landlord insurance or rented dwelling insurance will offer coverage for a residential rental property, which is typically a secondary or even tertiary property. It can be bundled with your main home insurance policy, or have its own individual policy.

Cottage insurance or seasonal dwelling insurance is typically used to cover a seasonal property like a cottage or a winter cabin. This type of policy will vary greatly depending on the type of property that is being covered.

Tenants’ insurance or renters’ insurance will typically provide basic coverage for personal belongings in a rental property, as well as liability protection for the tenants or renters.

Click the links above for more information on the specific types of personal property insurance and the coverages available with The Ostic Group.

How much home insurance do I need?

You need the right amount of home insurance to properly cover your property, your possessions, and your family from any relevant exposures. The requirements of your insurance coverage will depend on a number of variables, including:

  • The value of your property
  • The type of property that you own
  • The value of your possessions
  • The risk exposures in your specific location
  • And more

If you’d like to learn how much personal property insurance will cost for you, start a quote in 30 seconds to find out.

Personal Home Insurance Blogs