The Team at Ostic – Making A Difference
October 1, 2017
The Ostic Group believes in community and understands the importance of supporting local initiatives and causes. We are proud of our amazing team members in Elora, Fergus, Shelburne, and Guelph who take time out of their busy personal lives to make a difference.
Ostic gives back
There are many great ways that our team gives back — from volunteering, to coaching, to advising and mentoring, here are some Ostic team highlights:
- Rose Haskell
- Supports the Shelburne Legion by helping to run their bingo event every Monday.
- Is the VP of the Orangeville Community Band, and she plays the euphonium!
- Tom Waind
- Manages a basketball team for the Centre Wellington Celtics Junior Boys and supports a ball team in the local slo-pitch league.
- Tom has been an active Elora Lions Club member since 1988.
- Colleen Hunter
- A member of the Royal City Quilt Guild, Colleen makes comfort quilts that are donated to the sexual assault and domestic violence unit at the Guelph General Hospital.
- Jim Hitchcock
- Supports the young entrepreneur program at the Guelph-Wellington Business Centre. The program helps local area and start-up businesses, professionals, and students with their business needs and challenges.
- Heather Besley
- Runs the Shelburne Shooters Minor Ball Hockey League. She started the league six years ago and this year they have 16 teams!
- Heather has been a Manager/Parent Rep. on both of her sons’ hockey teams for the last 12 years.
- Mike McKinnon
- Volunteers as a member of the Program Advisory Board for the International Business Management Degree at Conestoga College.
- Volunteers as a member of the Advisory Board for Intrigue Media.
- Coaches ice hockey in Cambridge for eight years, and helps to evaluate and act as a trainer for two Guelph travel hockey teams.
- Mike is actively involved in the Ostic Insurance Brokers Adopt-A-Family campaign.
- Nicole Stewart
- Will start as Coach for the Elora Skating Club in the Fall.
- Jamie Ostic
- Is a Board Member and volunteer worker at Lions Camp Dorset.
- Has been a member of the Shelburne Lions Club since 1983.
As a business, The Ostic Group runs fun events each year to raise funds to support important community organizations including:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Centre Wellington and St. John Ambulatory Service
- Proceeds from the annual Ostic Charitable Ball Hockey Tournament provides support for their programs and services.
- Foodbanks (a different community is selected each year)
- The annual office Christmas party features a draw for the table centrepieces and all proceeds are donated to a local food bank.
- ARC Industries
- The Guelph office holds ‘Dress Down Friday’ with all proceeds donated to ARC Industries programs.
- The Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington Adopt-A-Family Program
- The Fergus office holds ‘Dress Down Friday’ with all proceeds donated to a family in need for Christmas.
Visit our website to learn more about Ostic’s community involvement and how you can get involved.