On Tuesday, May 17th, the Centre Wellington Chamber of Commerce will be holding its annual Award of Excellence Gala to celebrate businesses, organization and individuals in the community.
The Awards of Excellence have been held for 15 years, starting out as a way to recognize exceptional businesses and professionals in the Wellington Region. That is what they still do today!
Attendees include business people, government representatives, social and community service agencies, art, cultural and tourism professionals. Every year you can nominate someone for one or more out of 13 different awards, including the Long Service Awards for businesses operating in Centre Wellington for 25 and 40 years.
The event has had everything from an agriculture theme to a rock concert to a red carpet gala!
Every year you can nominate someone for one or more of the following 13 awards:
- Agricultural/Agri Business Award
- Business Beautification – Heritage Award
- Small/Home Based Business of the Year Award (under 10 employees)
- Large Business of the Year (10 or more employees)
- Citizen of the Year
- Community Social Responsibility
- Corporate Citizen of the Year
- Cultural, Arts, Tourism Impact Award
- Customer Service Excellence Award
- Environmental Excellence Award
- Tradesperson Award
- Youth Citizen of the Year – Alvin Shortt Award
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
If you’d like to get more involved, you can also become a title sponsor or diamond sponsor at the event!
The Centre Wellington Chamber of Commerce is a member-driven organization that serves as a catalyst for business growth through networking and educational opportunities, acts as an information resource for local business, and promotes local business, the community and the Chamber.
It is a volunteer organization supported by over 350 local business and professional people.
The evening consists of cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, with awards presentation to follow. Visit the chamber website for more information on the event.
If you’d like your farm insurance questions answered, visit the Ostic Group’s website.