Elora, Ontario History
Our Elora office can trace it’s roots back to 1907 when Sem Wissler was acting as an Agent for Waterloo Insurance. Sem operated a law practice and Insurance Business in Elora up to 1937 at which time he sold the Insurance business to R. Rumble.
In 1927 James C. Fasken purchased the Insurance business from Mr. Rumble and operated an Insurance and Real Estate office. Of interest, Mr. Fasken moved the business to the current location on Metcalfe Street in Elora in the early 1950’s.
Hugh M. Waind joined Mr. Fasken in 1953, eventually purchasing the Insurance business outright in 1957. Hugh’s son Tom began working for the business in 1980. Hugh established strong community links in Elora based on volunteer activities and strong customer service. Many of his clients are still clients today.
Hugh M. Waind Insurance, and eventually Waind Insurance Brokers Ltd operated until 1995 at which time Hugh and Ivan Ostic merged their respective business’ to form Ostic Insurance Brokers.
Tom lives in the Town of Elora with his family and continues to be an active community member.
Elora Community Involvement
Ostic Insurance Brokers is proud of their involvement in the Elora community. Insurance brokers with a community orientation, The Ostic Group has been a supporter of important community organizations and fundraisers with the goal of supporting a community that has done so much for them. Some of their recent involvement includes:
The Lions Foundation of Canada
Donation to Christmas Parade
Donation to Canada Day Fireworks
Donation to Guide Dogs
Elora Community Sports Teams
Elora Rocks hockey team
Mohawks lacrosse team
Community Based Charitable Events
Organized a Ball Hockey Tournament to build a new playground
Participated in Kidsability events
Elora Cultural Events
Sponsor of the Elora Festival
Donation towards the development of the Alma Community Centre
Contact Information for the Elora Office
131 Metcalfe Street